Thursday, May 31, 2012
Orphanage visit
The visit to the orphanage was better than I expected. They called his foster family when we arrived, and the father came over to meet us. Christian spotted him down the hallway and ran to him for a big hug and started telling him all sorts of things. At one point,I could tell he was introducing all of us. The guide confirmed that and said he was telling the foster father that he was "going abroad" with us! The foster father said that he had two younger foster siblings and that he has been telling them for months that he was going to America and would invite them to come visit once he got there! When it was time to go, he hugged the foster father again,told him goodbye and grabbed Allen's hand. He seems very excited to start his new life! His bravery and resilience are amazing! I'm uploading pictures of the trip now, but it will take a while! Packing up to switch hotels now. More on the orphanage later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment